At Valencia Property we deal with international real estate clients day in day out. The demand for property to rent and buy in Valencia is currently huge and the demand for areas around the city in the commuter belt is growing every day. Relocating to Valencia is something that more and more people are looking at especially those who are looking for an affordable, cosmopolitan and lively city with an open outlook and enviable lifestyle.
Relocating to Valencia is a good option for digital nomads, lifestyle entrepreneurs, location independent businesses and people looking to start a new life in Spain away from the more crowded and expensive hubs of Barcelona and Madrid and the tourist hotspots of the coast. Valencia has the advantages of the two largest cities in Spain and avoids the worst excesses whilst being very well located, boasting a gorgeous climate and having its own rather lovely beaches and parks. Life is a lot cheaper than most of the other larger Spanish cities, the summers don’t get overheated and the people are friendly. However, these are generic reasons, let’s drill down a bit into why relocating to Valencia is a great idea.
We have written before about the myriad of reasons to relocate to Valencia, for example in our 112 Reasons to Move to Valencia post. We have also written about Why Americans should relocate to Valencia here. Today we are also going to look at why Lifestyle Design enthusiasts should move to Valencia.
1. There is no better lifestyle than the Mediterranean Lifestyle. For Millennia cultures and cities have been built around the Mediterranean because it’s a great place to live. The Greeks, The Roman Empire, The Ottoman Empire all grew their Empires using the trade routes of the Mediterranean and of course the French and Spanish started out on their attempted World domination from the Mediterranean too. These days people aspire to live, work and retire around the Mediterranean and Spain is their prime destination.
2. Spain is one of the fastest growing economies in the European Union at the moment. The crash post the financial crisis hit Spain really hard but it is coming back strongly now. Education has been key for the younger generation and they are more than ready, willing and able to work with companies relocating to Valencia giving you an excellent choice of enthusiastic people to work with and as can be seen below you get a lot for your money when relocating to Valencia in particular.
3. You get a lot for your money when you rent space in Valencia. Look at the following chart taken from Statista. Valencia would be somewhere around Seoul and Berlin, 120-130m2 for your price. In other words you have space to think and don’t feel claustrophobic in the city.
4. Buying property in Valencia is so much cheaper than in the other main cities of Spain. The average cost per square metre in Valencia was almost half of a similar property in Madrid or Barcelona (Or the Basque Country) in 2016. Prices have risen strongly in all areas since 2016 but the differential remains.
5. Therefore if you are on a fixed budget then you get a lot more property for your money of course but you also get a lot more “Lifestyle” for your money.
The midday meal can cost as little as 7 Euros, drinks can be found from 1 Euro up, the Valenbisi system allows you to get around the city for 25 Euros per year, public transport is plentiful and cheap by both metro and bus, taxis are cheap as the city is a reasonable size and easy to get around with little traffic congestion, communications by rail and bus to other cities are fast and good value and entertainment is also well priced with cinemas starting at 3.50 Euros on particular nights. “Lifestyle Design” requires you to have a lifestyle and the ability to go out and meet up with others without breaking the bank on a whim is key.
6. The commuter belt is well connected and reasonably priced. Commuting into Valencia may take you up to half an hour, about the same time as it takes to do a mile or so in London or New York. And once you get into the city car parking is abundant and cheap. It’s also easy to get into the mountains, to get to the beaches and the coast, to visit wine growing areas, find great cycling routes and trekking areas, and even to areas of hunting and fishing for those so inclined. An outdoor lifestyle is near to the city and easily accessible.
Relocating to Valencia requires little thought if what you are looking for is a great lifestyle in a great area. It does require planning your steps, timings and requirements though and that is where we come in at Valencia Property. As stated above, we work with a multitude of international clients from many countries each needing different services. From our property finding service, to our personal MLS to our educational suggestions for your kids and a whole host of other services we are able to help your Valencia Relocation be smooth and hassle free. Contact us for your Valencia Relocation and we will help you to find your place to live, to settle in and to upgrade your lifestyle.